Core Stress Release is a powerful and fascinating way of releasing pent up tension and deep muscle contraction held within the emotional and physical body as a result of trauma and stress. Try using it daily for 10 minutes for the first 2 weeks and then as you feel the need.
Ensure you’ll be undisturbed for 10 minutes.
- Stand with your back to a wall and lean against it
- Bend your knees and move your feet out in front just enough to maintain low tension but still comfortable. If you feel too much pressure then move your feet closer to the wall.
- Close your eyes, set an intention then say silently “I allow myself to release stagnant energy from my body.”
- Now gently start bouncing up and down on your legs
- After 20 seconds or so, stop making the bouncing happen and allow your body to continue bouncing/shaking (it will, remarkably!)
- The key is to just allow the shaking to occur, just focus on your breathing – deep breaths in and out. Become like a rag doll.
- Now allow the shaking to take over up from the legs to the whole body. Shake your arms gently and allow it to take over there as well.
- If you feel anxious about being ‘out of control – just return to taking deep breaths and these feelings will settle.
- When your legs tire simply stand up straighter. Some people will stand away from the wall and still allow the shaking to continue.
- After 5-10 minutes gradually and consciously reduce the shaking.
- Now gently stretch your muscles and shake yourself out.